Home Insurance

Why do I need Home Insurance?

Housing costs are high in California, and that makes the need for home insurance even greater. The CKS Insurance Agency is here to help you find the right insurance for your home. Your house is likely to be the biggest investment you will ever make, so it just makes sense to get adequate insurance coverage.

There is, of course, liability insurance, which would cover anyone injured on your property. Fire insurance is the most common type of insurance, and there is storm damage insurance as well. Earthquake insurance is handled by the state and must be purchased separately from them. Flood insurance is the same, except that it is a federal program. Your home insurance policy will cover regular storm damage, however, such as a tree blowing over and damaging the side of your house.

You will also need to get insurance on the contents of your home, either as part of the overall policy or as a separate policy. This can include storage buildings and even your RV that is parked in the driveway. Keeping records and receipts in a safe place will be invaluable if you have a loss. Most policies also cover theft and other types of damage.

It’s important to understand what kind of insurance you are getting as well. The difference between replacement cost and fair market value can be huge. If you have fair market value coverage, that couch you spent $1,000 on 15 years ago may only be worth $50 today, and that is all you would be compensated. Replacement coverage covers the cost of getting a new one.

How do I get started?

Home insurance can get complicated, and there is a lot to consider. Stop by the CKS insurance agency office today, or call us or visit us online, to find the best policy for your situation. Our professional staff can explain all of your options when it comes to ensuring your home. If you are an existing customer, it is a good idea to update your policy when you make significant changes to your home.

Our Trusted Partners