Auto Insurance

California Auto Insurance Options and Coverage

In California, you are required to have liability insurance, as well as some coverage for uninsured motorists if you are going to drive a car. The CKS Insurance Agency is here to help you get the coverage you need for your vehicles. Liability covers bodily injury and property damage when you are at fault in an accident. There is the option of self-insurance if you can keep $35,000 in the bank, but for most people, the liability requirements are what matters.

If your vehicle is relatively new, you may want more than just liability coverage, as liability will not cover you if you are at fault in an accident. If you are still paying for your car, the lender will likely require you to carry full coverage until the loan is paid off.

There is collision insurance which covers your vehicle if it is involved in an accident, or if you run into something like a fence. Comprehensive coverage is for everything else. If a tree falls on your car, you would be covered under the comprehensive policy. Most full coverage policies also cover you when you are in a rental car. The insurance goes with the car, so anyone you allow to drive your vehicle will be covered under your policy.

California does require insurance, but not everyone obeys the law. The state also requires you to carry some insurance that takes into account uninsured motorists. This type of coverage will cover you if you get in an accident with someone who has no insurance or does not have enough protection. California is an “at-fault” state, meaning someone will be determined to be at fault in an accident and will be responsible for all damages.

Contact the CKS Insurance Agency for all your automotive insurance needs in California. Visit us online, call, or stop by in person, to let us help you find the best policy for your situation.

Our Trusted Partners